Kingston Digital Adds TRIM Support, Boosts Capacity in
New, Faster SSDNow V+ Solid-State Drive
Second-Generation V+ SSD Boosts System Performance
Hsinchu, Taiwan – (January 27, 2010) – Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of the second-generation SSDNow V+ solid-state drive. The SSDNow V+ solid-state drive has Windows 7 TRIM support, is available up to 512GB and provides faster performance than the previous generation.
“The new SSDNow V+ is an ideal solid-state drive for high-level consumers and in corporate environments where efficiency and performance are important as more system resources are in use,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. “Users will be more productive as the drive now features TRIM support, is available in higher capacities and is speedier overall with improved read/write speeds.”
The addition of TRIM support helps keep the SSDNow V+ maintain optimal write speed throughout its lifespan. Using PCMark Vantage 1.0.1 for Windows 7, the 512GB SSDNow V+ drive received a score of 28,264, whereas a 7200RPM hard-disk drive reached 3,294**. PCMark Vantage 1.0.1 for Windows 7 runs a series of tests such as operating system startup, importing photos, adding music to Windows Media Center and application loading. The score is an indicator of how many bytes are moved per second.
The SSDNow V+ is the latest addition to Kingston’s SSDNow family of solid-state drives. It is available in 64GB, 128GB, 256GB and 512GB capacities. As part of Kingston’s goal to provide an easy upgrade path, the drive is also available with a bundle that includes cloning software, 2.5″ USB enclosure, 2.5″ to 3.5″ mounting brackets and SATA data and power cables.
The Kingston SSDNow V+ solid-state drive is backed by a three-year warranty, free tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit: www.kingston.com/asia.
Kingston SSDNow V+ Features and Specifications:
- Sequential Speed*: 230MB/sec. read
- Innovative: 2.5″ form factor; uses MLC NAND Flash memory components
- Silent: runs silent and cool with no moving parts
- Shock Resistant: no moving mechanical parts means the SSD handles rougher conditions
- Supports S.M.A.R.T.: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
- Guaranteed: three-year Kingston warranty, free tech support
- Interface: SATA 1.5Gb/sec. and 3.0Gb/sec.
- Capacity1: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- Storage temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
- Operating temperatures: 0° C to 70° C
- Dimensions: 69.85mm x 100mm x 9.5mm
- Weight: 84 grams
- Vibration operating: 2.17G
- Vibration non-operating: 20G
- Operating Shock: 1500G
- Power specs: 2.6W active; 0.15W idle
- Life expectancy: 1,000,000 hours MTBF
* Based on internal testing. Performance may vary based on system settings.
** Test system: Intel DG945ID Desktop Motherboard; Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 CPU at 2.83GHz; 4GB system memory; on-board SATA 3Gbps with AHCI-enabled; Windows 7 Professional x64
1Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
|Kingston SSDNow V+ Solid-State Drives
||Capacity and Features
||64GB 2.5? SATA SSD (stand-alone drive)
||128GB 2.5? SATA SSD (stand-alone drive)
||256GB 2.5? SATA SSD (stand-alone drive)
||512GB 2.5? SATA SSD (stand-alone drive)
||64GB 2.5? SATA SSD (complete bundle)
||128GB 2.5? SATA SSD (complete bundle)
||256GB 2.5? SATA SSD (complete bundle)
||512GB 2.5? SATA SSD (complete bundle)