Kingston SSDNOW V Series 64GB Notebook Upgrade Kit SNV425-S2BN/64GB Review
bluetooth 29 Jun 2010
For notebooks, SSDNow drives are a perfect replacement for hard drives resulting in faster, more reliable performance. Making this change will improve a notebook’s efficiency in a wide range of tasks, from booting up to running the most demanding operating systems and applications.
SSDNow uses a standard SATA interface but, unlike a regular HDD, SSD is very rugged and built with no moving parts, making it ideal for users who push the limits of their notebooks. Other benefits include reduced power usage, less noise and less heat generation.
Comes with an USB enclosure, you can simply plug it in, clone your existing < 64GB partition using the Acronis Disk image software provided. Once that is done, you are able to boot up from the SSD as your primary OS drive. Alternatively, you can hook it using USB as an external drive.
On the next page, we take a look at the packaging followed by benchmark tests.
- Performance — enhances productivity; makes users more efficient
- Innovative — 2.5″ form factor; uses NAND flash memory components
- Silent — Runs silent and cool with no moving mechanical parts
- Reliable — less likely to fail than a standard hard drive
- Shock Resistant — No moving mechanical parts so the SSD handles rougher conditions
- Supports TRIM — ensures maximum performance on compatible Operating Systems 2
- Supports S.M.A.R.T. — Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
- Guaranteed — 3 year legendary Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
- Capacity1 — 30 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB
- Storage Temperatures — -40° C to 85° C
- Operating temperatures — 0° C to 70° C
- Vibration Operating — 2.17 G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration Non-Operation — 20 G Peak (20–2000Hz)
- Sequential Speed 3 —
30 GB – up to 180 MB/sec. read, 50 MB/sec write
64 GB – up to 200MB/sec. read; 110MB/sec. write
128 GB – up to 200MB/sec. read; 160MB/sec. write
- PCMARK® Vantage Advanced HDD Suite Score 4 —
30 GB – 18,900
64 GB – 21,317
128 GB – 20,177
- Power Specs —
Active: 1.7 – 5.2 W (TYP)
Sleep: 0.05 – 0.7 W (TYP)
- Life expectancy — 1 million hours mean time before failure, 64 GB/128 GB
500,000 hours mean time before failure, 30 GB
Goto Page : Next Page »»