at the “Next Horizon Gaming” livestream event during E3, AMD President and CEO Dr. Lisa Su unveiled the company’s next-generation PC gaming platform, bringing new levels of performance and efficiency with the AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT & RX 5700 graphics cards and the flagship AMD Ryzen 9 3950X processor – the world’s first 16 core mainstream desktop processor.
Unveiling the all-new AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT & RX 5700 graphics cards:
- Harnessing 7nm process technology and the ground-breaking new AMD RDNA gaming architecture, which delivers up to 1.25X higher performance-per-clock and up to 1.5X higher performance-per-watt compared to the previous-generation GCN, the Radeon RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 graphics cards deliver amazing 1440p gaming, high-fidelity visuals and ultra-responsive gameplay.
- The new product family also includes the 50th Anniversary Edition AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card, offering higher clocks and a luxurious gold accented shroud with Dr. Lisa Su’s signature.
Introducing the world’s first 16-core mainstream desktop processor
- AMD previewed the ultimate member of the new 3rd Gen Ryzen desktop processor family, the flagship AMD Ryzen 9 3950X processor.
- With 16 cores and 32 threads running up to 4.7GHz, the leadership CPU has already set multiple performance records. The Ryzen 9 3950X processor now holds the crown in two important categories: highest performance for any 16-core processor and highest performance in a mainstream CPU socket.
- The 3rd Gen Ryzen desktop processor family is expected to be generally available on July 7, 2019 from leading etailers/retailers, and the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen 9 3950X processor is expected to be available in September 2019 at $749 SEP USD from leading etailers/retailers.