The major milestone with this firmware update is that we got SMS working on some previously challenging modems.
SMS->SETTINGS: Added extra methods of extracting received messages from the modem.- Auto(default) (UMR tries to figure out if SMS is received to SIM or MODEM)
– SIM (Forces the UMR to read incoming SMS from SIM and then move it to the UMR memory)
– MODEM (Forces the UMR to read incoming SMS from MODEM and then move it to the UMR memory)
If there is problem with receiving SMS, then please try to force the router to SIM mode / Modem Mode and then send a new sms and see if it get received it.
Upgrade Procedure: (NOTE: DO NOT REMOVE USB MODEM OR POWER DURING UPGRADE PROCESS!)
1) Download the UMR412.zip
2) Unzip the UMR412.zip
3) Log into the web interface of your UMR.
4) Go to Upgrade->HTTP Upgrade page.
5) Browse for the firmware file (“UMR412.bin”) you have downloaded and unzipped off this website and select to upgrade.
6) Upgrade time is 4 minutes.