HP Delivers Comprehensive Windows 8 PC Portfolio
SINGAPORE, Oct., 25, 2012 — HP today announced availability and pricing details for its new lineup of consumer and business PCs that are designed to work with Windows 8.
The new HP products, ranging from stylish notebooks and desktops to a tablet, leverage premium materials and a purposeful design philosophy to deliver a distinct HP look and feel.
Unique form factors—including a hybrid PC with a detachable screen, a business tablet with optional functionality-boosting HP Smart Jackets and the latest range of slim and elegant All-in-Ones desktops with intuitive touch capabilities—enable users to take advantage of Windows 8 along with HP innovations such as HP TouchSmart technology. They also offer HP Connected Photo powered by Snapfish by HP(1) for convenient access to photos.
“HP’s portfolio of ultrathin notebooks, sleek All-in-Ones and high-performance business PCs is designed to meet the needs of customers anticipating the release of the Windows 8 OS,” said James Mouton, senior vice president and general manager, Personal Computer Global Business Unit, HP. “Consumers and organizations now can choose from a broad range of HP PCs featuring multitouch displays, versatile form factors, sleek designs or customizable solutions that address their needs.”
HP consumer notebooks(2)
The HP consumer notebook portfolio featuring Windows 8 includes a hybrid PC and notebooks with slim and sophisticated designs, multitouch display technology, strong performance and great value.
· The HP ENVY x2 is a powerful, ultrathin hybrid PC that delivers the power of a notebook and the freedom of a tablet in one stylish, lightweight device. A notebook that doubles as a tablet, the HP ENVY x2 has a detachable screen that becomes a full tablet when separated from the keyboard via a seamless magnetic latch. The HP ENVY x2 includes a vivid 11.6-inch diagonal high-definition (HD)(3) touch display, Beats Audio, an HD webcam plus an 8-megapixel camera, and near field communication (NFC) technology(4) that lets users share content, including photos, contacts and URLs, with a simple tap. Expected to be available in Singapore in late 2012 at S$1,099.
· The HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook 4 features a 14-inch diagonal multitouch HD(3) display and a booming subwoofer with Beats Audio. Expected to be available in Singapore on October 26 at S$1,399.
· The HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14 and Pavilion Sleekbook 15 PCs are available in sparkling black and ruby red and provide the performance and easy applications consumers need every day—now in an ultrathin style. Available in Singapore on October 26, starting at S$699 and S$1,099, respectively.
HP consumer all-in-one PCs and consumer desktops(2)
HP’s new consumer desktops include AiO and tower PCs featuring advanced multitouch technology and offering head-turning designs and powerful performance.
· The HP ENVY 23 and ENVY 20 TouchSmart AiO PCs deliver 10-point multitouch technology, 23- and 20-inch diagonal HD(3) displays, and excellent performance for working, playing and staying connected. The HP ENVY 23 TouchSmart and HP ENVY 20 TouchSmart AiO PCs are available in Singapore on October 26, starting at S$1,599 and S$1,199, respectively.
· The non-touch HP Pavilion 20 AiO delivers performance, an attractive space-saving design and intuitive features to keep users connected to family and friends, all at a great value. Available in Singapore on October 26, starting at S$899.
· The HP ENVY Phoenix h9 desktop PC delivers a powerful computing experience for users who enjoy creating digital content and immersive gaming. Available in Singapore from October 26, starting at S$1,699.
HP business PCs(2)
Delivering outstanding performance, versatility and value, HP’s business PC portfolio maximizes productivity for businesses and government organizations of any size.
· The HP ElitePad 900 is a true tablet for business that balances a beautiful design with enterprise-grade features, serviceability and support. The ultrathin and lightweight Windows 8-based tablet(5) also features optional HP ElitePad Smart Jackets,(6) which add connectivity options and longer battery life along with specific add-ons that customize the tablet for specialized uses. Expected to be available in Singapore in late January 2013. Pricing information will be announced closer to availability.
· The HP EliteBook Folio 9470m Ultrabook™ is ultrathin, lightweight and efficient. With enterprise docking capabilities and a swappable battery, the HP EliteBook Folio is built for the on-the-go professional. The HP EliteBook Folio 9470m Ultrabook is expected to be available in Singapore in mid-Nov. 2012 at a starting price of S$2,599.
HP announced touch-enabled notebooks on Aug. 30, AiO and desktop PCs on Sept. 12, additional consumer notebooks and commercial PCs on Sept. 25 and an enterprise-ready tablet on Oct. 2.