Kingston Technology Brings Performance, Endurance and Productivity to Ultra-Portable 1.8” Devices
Kingston SSDNow V+180 for road warriors
Hsinchu, Taiwan – October 19, 2010 — Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of the Kingston SSDNow V+180 range, bringing the performance, endurance and productivity of solid state drives (SSD) to the 1.8” form factor. Part of the second generation Kingston SSDNow V+ range, the Kingston SSDNow V+180 is designed for today’s ultra-mobile devices, and with road warriors in mind.
“Kingston Technology has listened to its customers, delivering the SSDNow V+180 Series,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. “Enterprises, SMBs and consumers can upgrade ultra-thin notebooks, certain notebooks, netbooks, and tablet PC with a 1.8” form factor to enjoy supercharged performance, enhanced endurance and boosted productivity.”
Independent IT analyst IDC estimates that the number of mobile workers will hit 1 billion by 2011, driven by technology advances such as high speed networking, and the desire for greater work/life balance. Today’s road warriors demand the highest performance and durability in the smallest and most mobile configuration. Kingston’s SSDNow V+180 Series brings speed and endurance to the ultra-portable 1.8” form factor:
- Kingston’s SSDNow can out-perform hard disk drives (HDD) by up to five times, enabling boot times up to 60 percent faster and allowing users to load, switch and run multiple applications at the same time more effectively.
- SSD’s hugely enhanced endurance brings confidence, particularly when users are on the road and away from IT support. The Kingston SSDNow V+ Series is up to eight times more shock-resistant than hard disk drives and because they have no moving parts, they are less prone to mechanical failures.
- Less power-hungry than HDDs, SSDs also enhance battery life, meaning users work faster for longer.
The Kingston SSDNow V+180 is available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities, and is the latest addition to the Kingston SSDNow V+ Series family. It is backed by a three-year warranty, free tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com/asia.
Kingston SSDNow V+ 180 Features and Specifications:
- Sequential speed*: 230MB/sec. (read), 180MB/sec. (write)
- Innovative: 1.8″ form factor; uses MLC NAND Flash memory components
- Silent: runs silent and cool with no moving parts
- Shock resistant: no moving mechanical parts means the SSD handles rougher conditions
- Cache: 128MB onboard cache
- PCMark HDD 2005 Score †
64GB – 38,177
128GB – 38,065
256GB – 38,272
- Supports S.M.A.R.T.: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
- Guaranteed: three-year Kingston warranty, free tech support
- Interface: Micro SATA (mSATA) 1.5 Gb/s & 3.0 Gb/s
- Capacity1: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
- Storage temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
- Operating temperatures: 0° C to 70° C
- Dimensions: 54mm x 78.5mm x 5mm
- Weight: 48 grams (+/- 2 grams)
- Vibration operating: 2.7G
- Vibration non-operating: 20G
- Operating shock: 1500G
- Power specs: Active: 2.9W (TYP); Idle: 47mW (TYP)
- Life expectancy: 1,000,000 hours MTBF
* Based on internal testing. Performance may vary based on system settings.
1 Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
† Test system: Intel DG45ID Desktop Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 CPU @ 2.83GHz. System Memory 4GB, On-Board SATA 3Gbps with AHCI-Enabled Window XP SP3 32-bit.
|Kingston SSDNow V+ 180 Series|
|Part number||Capacity and features|
|SVP180S2/64G||64GB 1.8” SATA SSD (stand-alone drive)|
|SVP180S2/128G||128GB 1.8” SATA SSD (stand-alone drive)|
|SVP180S2/256G||256GB 1.8” SATA SSD (stand-alone drive)|