Sony’s SmartWear Experience: Lifelogging, flexible style and Life tools
SmartBand SWR10 available from March 2014 in over 60 markets worldwide
New Lifelog application, cornerstone of SmartWear Experience available at Google Play Store from March 2014
“At CES 2014, I introduced SmartWear Experience as representing emotion as well as motion
– moving, and being moved” said Kunimasa Suzuki, President and CEO, Sony Mobile Communications. “Now we can reveal exactly what this means, as we bring our first products to market this spring – SmartBand and its innovative core extend beyond fitness tracking, to add colourful, fun entertainment experiences to users’ lives. Entertainment is a part of Sony’s ethos – it’s our culture.”
SmartWear Experience is a new user experience that makes life more fun and entertaining. It is built around three key pillars
– “Lifelogging”, “Wearing Smart” and “Life tools”.
Lifelog application – Communication and entertainment, staying on top of the things that matter to you
Sony’s innovative new Lifelog application binds the SmartWear Experience together, enabling you to discover your past, enjoy your present and helping inspire your future. Together with SmartBand, the Android app enables you to effortlessly capture life and entertainment – places visited, music listened to, games played, books read – and presents it a beautifully visual interface.
You can see how active you were, where you went, what pictures you took and how you have been communicating with your world. Lifelog will also help you set activity goals, monitor your progress and make recommendations to help inform future decisions.
Connection to SmartBand and the core is effortless
– a simple “one-touch“ to pair via NFC or Bluetooth®, the sign-in using a Sony Entertainment Network account1.
– Technology you can wear your way, and use your way too
SmartBand’s core module is a 24/7 wearable device; fully waterproof (rated IP582) despite its exposed Micro-USB port. It’s light, unobtrusive and the independent core means it can be carried or worn as you wish, to fit your lifestyle.
Initially available in Black, a variety of vibrant colour styles will be available after launch
– including a special limited edition to celebrate the 2014 FIFA World CupTM.
– Smart, subtle, intuitive notifications
The wearable technology in SmartBand SWR10 talks to Lifelog app and your Android smartphone via Bluetooth® and NFC. When out of range (up to 10m) from the smartphone, a vibrating alert will prompt you to let you know. SmartBand will also measure your sleep cycle, to wake up you at the optimum time. And, once calls, messages, Likes or tweets are received, SmartBand will vibrate to notify.
It can also be used to play, pause and skip tracks in WALKMAN app by pressing the button, and tapping the band.
Open hardware and software ecosystem
– matching external creativity with in-house prowess
SmartWear Experience is built on open principles and Sony is engaging with creatives from across the fashion, design and developer spectrum to broaden the range of experiences and offer consumers more choice
– more details will follow in the coming months.
SmartBand SWR10 and Lifelog application will be available worldwide from March 2014.