Review of AORUS NVMe Gen4 2TB SSD with X570 AORUS XTREME
OCWorkbench 7 Jul 2019
Gigabyte AORUS has come a long way. From motherboards to accessories and SSD. In conjunction with AMD’s PCIe 4.0 Ryzen 3000 series, AORUS introduces the world’s first PCIe 4.0×4 Controller, Phison PS5016-E16 controller, made by 28nm manufacturing technology.
Although it spots a PCIe 4.0×4 interface, the M.2 2280 can be slotted into PCIe 3.0 capable motherboard e.g. X370 chipset or upcoming newer X570 motherboard.
It has 2 TB of capacity which is suitable as a fast storage for multimedia users who needs fast and large space for video editing.
In addition, the NVMe 1.3 protocol, LDPC error correction, and Wear Leveling, Over-Provision technologies to improve reliability and durability of SSDs.
- Form Factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: PCI-Express 4.0×4, NVMe 1.3
- Total Capacity: 2000GB*
- Sequential Read Speed : up to 5000 MB/s**
- Sequential Write speed : up to 4400 MB/s**
- Wear Leveling, Over-Provision technologies
- TRIM & S.M.A.R.T supported
- Fully Body Copper Heat Spreader
- Warranty: Limited 5-years
- PCIe 4.0×4, NVMe 1.3 Interface
- DDR4 DRAM cache
- 8 CH with 32 CEs
- Phison 4th Gen LDPC & RAID ECC
- Support Pyrite
- Heat spreader for controller