Huawei today announced the availability of EMUI 9.0 for its Mate 10 and P20 smartphone series. The EMUI 9.0 update will be open to Mate 10 series, P20 and Mate RS users from 18 December, while users of the P20 Pro will be able to receive the update from 24 December.
The EMUI 9.0 is Huawei’s custom Android P-based operating system (OS) developed to “Enable a Quality Life” with improved performance and new features that will enable an enhanced and intuitive user experience to customers.
Highlights of EMUI 9.0
- Natural and immersive
With people spending more time in the digital world, EMUI 9.0 provides a simplified design inspired by nature. The design applies scenes of nature in everything from color selections to default caller portraits. Combining imagery of hillside reflections, ice and rocks, EMUI 9.0 delivers a truly immersive visual experience that is also easy on the eyes. Users can also immerse themselves in another layer of natural experience with ambient natural sounds like birds chirping and flowing water in ringtones and alarm alerts.
- Seamless gesture navigation
The new EMUI 9.0 update supports a brand new mode of navigation – gestures. Instead of tapping buttons, users can intuitively control their device with simple swipes. With apps running faster and navigation simplified, every interaction is a breeze on EMUI 9.0. Huawei designed EMUI 9.0 to be the most ergonomic EMUI yet.
- Enriching user experiences with AI
HiVision: With HiVision, users can easily query the Internet for more information about objects of interest by simply pointing the camera towards it. HiVision recognizes landmarks from 15 countries as well as over 10 million famous artworks. It also recognizes a great range of food items, and can provide a calorie estimate for users who are conscious about their calorie intake.
HiTouch: Enabled by pressing and holding two fingers on an image, HiTouch lets users easily query online retailers and eCommerce platforms and shop for items. The feature can recognize more than 120 million items from more than 200 eCommerce platforms and the official online stores of nearly 100 brands.
- Enhanced Productivity via Improved Easy Projection
With the HUAWEI Mate 10 Series, Huawei brought Easy Projection to consumers, enabling them to conveniently connect their devices with an external display for increase productivity. For EMUI 9.0, Huawei evolved the feature with a wireless upgrade. Users running EMUI 9.0 now have access to One-Click Projection, and Highlight and Capture on Big Screen, which let users to easily add highlights to and capture content projected on larger screens such as a TV.
In addition to Wireless Easy Projection, EMUI 9.0 supports a wide breadth of productivity features, including:
- HUAWEI Share: In addition to transferring files between Huawei mobile and Huawei PC, users can now use HUAWEI Share to send files to a Bluetooth-enabled printer4;
- Backup: EMUI 9.0 supports new ways for users to backup their important files. Besides HUAWEI Cloud, users may now store their backup on a SD Card, USB drive or a NAS (Network Attached Storage);
- WPS with HiAI: The WPS productivity suite leverages HiAI capabilities to enhance its features. EMUI 9.0 automatically adjusts the alignment of documents, and can convert images and hardcopies into editable digital copies.
EMUI 9.0 availability
|18 December 2018|
Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro, Mate 10 Porsche Design, P20, Mate RS
|24 December 2018|