MediaTek has announced its newest flagship mobile chip, the Dimensity 9300. The chip boasts a unique All Big Core design that combines extreme performance with industry-leading power efficiency. This design is expected to deliver unmatched user experiences in gaming, video capture, and on-device generative AI processing.
Key Features of the Dimensity 9300
- All Big Core Design: This unique design features four Arm Cortex-X4 cores with operating speeds of up to 3.25GHz and four Cortex-A720 cores operating up to 2.0GHz to maximize performance.
- APU 790 AI Processor: This next-generation APU significantly improves generative AI performance and energy efficiency for faster and more secure edge computing.
- Arm Immortalis-G720 GPU: This flagship GPU delivers an almost 46% boost in GPU performance while at the same level of power consumption as the previous generation chipset.
- Low-Power AI-ISP and Always-On HDR: This combination reimagines mobile photography and video capture by enabling always-on HDR up to 4K resolution at 60 fps and providing AI-powered enhancements to photos and videos.
- Support for Ultra HDR and Ambient Light Adaptive HDR Recovery Technology: These features further enhance users’ photography by capturing more vibrant photos and ensuring that files are compatible with the JPEG format.
- Display System with MiraVision Picture Quality (PQ) Engine: This system dynamically adjusts the optimal contrast, sharpness, and color of images and videos to create lifelike experiences.
- Wi-Fi 7 Support with MediaTek Xtra Range Technology: This provides speeds up to 6.5 Gbps and improved long-range connectivity.
- MediaTek Multi-Link Hotspot Technology: This technology improves smartphone tethering speeds by up to 3X compared to competitive solutions.
- Big core power: The Dimensity 9300 is built on TSMC’s third generation 4nm process.
- Faster display speeds: The chipset supports WQHD at 180Hz and 4K up to 120Hz.
- Seamless 5G connectivity: The 5G R16 modem supports 4CC-CA Sub-6GHz and 8CC-CA mmWave with MediaTek’s UltraSave 3.0+ technology.
- Speedy memory: Dimensity 9300 supports LPDDR5T 9600Mbps memory, currently the highest speed available.
- Superior security: The chipset offers superior security for flagship Android devices.
The first smartphones featuring the Dimensity 9300 chipset will be available in the market by the end of 2023.