OPPO, has launched its latest Reno series smartphones — the OPPO Reno8 5G and Reno8 Pro 5G – in Singapore today. Powered by Dual Sony Flagship sensors and several AI-enhanced imaging features, such as Ultra-Night video and Night Portrait, the new “Portrait Expert Reno8 series has incomparable portrait shooting capabilities and is specifically designed to help users capture crystal-clear portraits, in even the most challenging of circumstances.
The Reno8 Pro 5G is also equipped with OPPO’s first self-developed, dedicated imaging NPU, MariSilicon X, to deliver a series of innovative camera features with its powerful image processing capabilities. Meanwhile, the Reno8 5G is powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 1300 SoC while the Reno8 Pro 5G is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 8100-MAX 5G SoC for a smooth flagship-level performance.
Revolutionary Imaging Capabilities for Ultra-clear Portraits in Any Situation
OPPO has been continuously investing in the R&D of imaging technology on the Reno series. Based on customer insights, about 40% of the photos from Reno smartphones are shot after 5 pm. The percentage is even higher at nearly 50% for videos. Therefore, OPPO has further upgraded the camera on the latest Reno series with the aim of optimising the shooting experience in lowlight environments and allowing users to record every moment of their lives in vibrant detail.
As a Portrait Expert, the Reno8 series brings ultra-clear portrait photos and videos to all-new heights with its powerful hardware foundations. The Reno8 series features Dual Sony Flagship Sensors — the IMX709 for the front camera and the IMX766 for the rear camera.
– Sony IMX709 is a next-generation RGBW 32MP camera sensor customised by OPPO. It ensures a 60% increase in light intake and a 35% improvement in noise reduction when compared with traditional RGB sensors. Together with OPPO’s self-designed Quadra Binning algorithm, every selfie will look dynamically bright and sharp no matter in lowlight or backlight scenes. IMX709 also supports AutoFocus on the front camera for the first time, enabling 2x zoom when taking selfies. With a minimum focal distance of 15cm, it’s possible to capture super close-up shots using the front camera, offering unprecedented detail in selfies.
– Sony IMX766 is a 1/1.56-inch 50MP main camera sensor with 1.0um large pixel size. It captures more lights and guarantees an improved image brightness in dark environments. Combined with the All-Pixel Omni-Direction PDAF technology, this camera sensor improves focus speed, accuracy, and stability.
– The Dual Sony Flagship Sensors support the underlying DOL-HDR technology on a hardware level, increasing the dynamic range for videos by 4x than that of the conventional HDR algorithm. DOL-HDR technology enables the quasi-simultaneous synthesis of long and short exposure frames, effectively preventing ghosting artifacts caused by movement.
In addition to the Dual Sony Flagship Sensors, the Reno8 Pro 5G is also equipped with OPPO’s first self-developed imaging NPU, MariSilicon X,which provides an immense level of dedicated computing power for Reno8 Pro 5G’s imaging features, all while consuming even less power. Built on cutting-edge 6nm process technology and industry-leading DSA architecture, MariSilicon X can deliver an incredible 18 trillion operations per second (18 TOPS) of dedicated image processing power. With this large computing power and high data throughput, MariSilicon X can perform lossless real-time 4K AI processing and up to 20bit HDR fusion in the RAW domain, while achieving up to 8dB signal-to-noise ratio for images. Through its ability to directly process images in the lossless RAW domain, MariSilicon X acts as an unmatched foundation for Reno8 Pro 5G’s ultimate imaging experience.
In addition to hardware upgrades, the OPPO Reno8 series also comes packed with a series of portrait features driven by leading AI technologies.
– Ultra Night Video algorithm enhances the image quality, colour expression, and facial performance in lowlight environments, delivering sharp and bright night portrait videos. It is automatically enabled for nighttime shooting.
– Ultra HDR Video mode prevents bright parts from over-exposure and enriches dark parts with subtle details, thereby producing natural portrait videos with vivid colours. It is automatically enabled in scenes with a large lighting ratio.
– Night Portrait leverages industry-leading Turbo RAW algorithm to perform AI noise reduction in the RAW domain, delivering clear and pure portrait images.
Powered by MariSilicon X and the Dual Sony Flagship Sensors, Reno8 Pro 5G also provides a flagship-level portrait camera experience for the first time at this price point by bringing 4K video shooting to a smartphone with 4K Ultra Night Video and 4K Ultra HDR Video.
the Reno8 5G features a 6.4-inch AMOLED display with 90.8% screen-to-body ratio and 90Hz refresh rate delivering buttery-smooth graphics. It is certified for Netflix HD & Amazon Prime Video HD, allowing users to enjoy the best video content out there. Alongside its ultra-slim body that is 7.67mm in thickness and 179g in weight, the new Reno8 5G is an ideal choice for daily usage. Reno8 5G is available in two trendy colours — Shimmer Gold and Shimmer Black. Both colour schemes give off an unprecedented gradient visual effect on the back cover while being fingerprint resistant.
The Reno8 Pro 5G, on the other hand, features a 6.7-inch Ultra-Clear AMOLED display with a 93.4% screen-to-body ratio, 120Hz refresh rate and supports 1 billion colours for a guaranteed smoother and more comfortable viewing experience with enhanced interaction. The display is also HDR10+, SGS Low Motion Blur and SGS Low Blue Light certified, and HD & HDR certified for Amazon and Netflix. Measuring just 7.34 mm in thickness, and weighing just 183 g, Reno8 Pro 5G is the thinnest Reno series handset to date and will be available in two new stunning colour finishes – Glazed Green and Glazed Black.
To further drum up excitement for the launch of the Reno8 series in Singapore, OPPO has collaborated with Uncle Chieng, a famous mobile ice cream seller at Orchard Road, to give out free ice creams to the public daily from 6 pm to 10 pm between 8 to 21 September. Through the collaboration, OPPO aims to get consumers in Singapore to be #LowLightInspired and encourage them to capture the beauty that night time brings in the current normal.
|Reno8||Shimmer Gold and Shimmer Black||8GB of RAM and 256GB of ROM.||S$799|
|Reno8 Pro||Glazed Green and Glazed Black||12GB of RAM and 256GB of ROM storage||S$1099.|
· OPPO Reno 8 5G will be available from 23 August at a retail price of S$799 on OPPO’s Amazon, Lazada, Qoo10, Shopee, TikTok flagship stores and partner consumer electronic stores.
· All purchases between 23 August to 30 September will receive a free Enco Air2 Pro True Wireless Noise Cancelling Earbuds (S$119) and 12 Months Screen Protection Plan worth a total of S$228, while stocks last.
· OPPO Reno8 5G can be purchased at M1, Singtel and Starhub stores from 27 August.
· OPPO Reno8 Pro 5G will be available from 10 September at a retail price of S$1099.
· 30 sets of Reno8 Pro 5G will be available for pre-sale exclusively at OPPO Lazada Super Brand Day on 23 August. Customers who purchased the Reno8 Pro 5G on this day will be the first few in Singapore to get their hands on the phone ahead of the pre-order sales.
· Preorder of the Reno8 Pro 5G will start from 24 August to 9September at OPPO concept stores and OPPO’s Amazon, Lazada, Qoo10, Shopee, TikTok flagship stores and partner consumer electronic stores.
· All purchases including pre-sale and preorder of OPPO Reno8 Pro 5G until 30 September will receive a free Enco Air2 Pro True Wireless Noise Cancelling Earbuds (S$119) and 12 Months Screen Protection Plan worth a total of S$228, while stocks last.
· OPPO Reno8 Pro 5G can be purchased at M1, Singtel and Starhub stores from 10 September.