Today, AMD officially announced their latest AM4 chipset, B550. With the launch, new motherboards are released by the major manufacturers.
So, what is in store in the B550 chipset which makes it a worthwhile upgrade from the old B450 ? Well, if you have wanted PCIe 4.0 but were hesitating due to the higher costs, the B550 might be the solution.
So, what does B550 chipset do? Basically it brings PCIe 4.0 to the mainstream. Most importantly, it supports the future Zen 3 architecture processors. You can read from the link below.
So, what is Gigabyte offering on their latest B550 board – B550 AORUS MASTER?
Specifications and highlights of the Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Processors
- Dual Channel ECC/ Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Direct 16 Phases Digital VRM Solution with 70A Power Stage
- Advanced Thermal Design with Fins-Array Heatsink, Direct Touch Heatpipe and Thermal Baseplate
- Ultra Durable™ PCIe 4.0 Ready x16 Slot
- Triple Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with Thermal Guards
- Onboard Intel® WiFi 6 802.11ax 2T2R & BT5 with AORUS Antenna
- AMP-UP Audio with ALC1220-VB and WIMA Capacitors for Rear 120dB SNR
- Blazing Fast 2.5GbE LAN with Bandwidth Management
- USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C™ & HDMI Support
- RGB FUSION 2.0 Supports Addressable LED & RGB LED Strips
- Smart Fan 5 Features Multiple Temperature Sensors , Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP and Noise Detection
- Q-Flash Plus Update BIOS without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
- Pre-installed IO Shield for Easy and Quick Installation
The probably most important highlights of this board should be :
Support for DDR4 XMP Up to 5400MHz and Beyond*
AORUS is offering a tested and proven platform that ensures proper compatibility with profiles up to 5400MHz and beyond. All users need to do to attain this performance boost is to ensure that their memory module is XMP capable and that the XMP function is activated and enabled on their AORUS motherboard
2.5GbE LAN Onboard
2X Faster than ever
Adoption of 2.5G LAN provide up to 2.5 GbE network connectivity, with at least two times faster transfer speeds compared to general 1GbE networking. It’s perfectly suit for gamers and streamer with ultimate and smooth online experience. It also backward compatible with Multi-Gig(10/100/1000/2500Mbps) RJ-45 ethernet.
New Introduce Intel® WiFi 6 802.11ax + BT 5 Module
Intel Wireless solution supports 802.11ax, enables gigabit wireless performance, provides smooth video streaming, better gaming experience, few dropped connections and speeds up to 2.4Gbps*. Moreover, Bluetooth 5 provides 4X range over BT 4.2 and with faster transmission.