Sony Ericsson launches Xperia Arc, Xperia Neo and Xperia Play At Dempsey House, Singapore
Bluetooth 24 March 2011
Android everywhere, yes it is even found at the old CPMB at Dempsey House where Sony Ericsson held it’s press event for the 3 new products – Sony Ericsson’s Xperia Play, Arc and Neo Smartphones.
Sony Ericsson today unveils the new Xperia™ arc smartphone with cutting edge Sony technology and an exceptional multimedia experience on the latest version of the Android™ platform– 2.3. Xperia™ arc is the first of a new generation of Xperia smartphones to be announced in 2011.
The first phone that caught our sigth is the Xperia Arc. Xperia™ arc takes the stunning design language that Sony Ericsson has become known for to a new level. Super slim and light, Xperia™ arc is just 8.7mm at its thinnest part and has a super wide 4.2” multi-touch screen. Created from premium materials and with a stunning arc body, this smartphone is sleek, strong designed to fit perfectly in the user’s hand. The best of Sony technology is inside Xperia™ arc. The Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine delivers exceptional visual brilliance and a crystal clear image which enhances the overall entertainment experience. Furthermore, Sony’s award-winning Exmor R™ mobile sensor with the f/2.4 lens enables the capture of high quality, bright pictures and HD videos even in low light. All pictures and videos can be shared in HD on your living room TV via the built in HDMI-connector.
Xperia™ arc will launch on the latest version of the Android™ platform providing access to Google Mobile Services and the myriad of applications available on the Android market. Xperia™ smartphones add best in class entertainment on top of smartphone fundamentals such as apps, maps, email and fast Internet to create the most entertaining smartphone experience.
Sony Ericsson Xperia™ arc – Key features
- Slim, lightweight and strong, with perfect ergonomics
- Extra wide 4.2” multi-touch Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine to ensure ultimate multimedia and viewing experiences
- Sony Exmor R™ for mobile: for best-in-class low-light photography and video capture
- 8.1 megapixel camera and HD video recording capability
- Android Market™ – thousands of applications to keep you entertained
Preloaded applications include:
- TrackID™: Sony Ericsson’s proprietary music recognition system that records a small sample of a song playing in the background, and displays artist, song and album info in a matter of seconds.
- ShowNearby™ for Sony Ericsson: The leading location-based service application in Singapore allows users to conduct customised searches for places of interest near you, ranging from ATMs to movie theatres.
The app comes with additional exclusive features for Sony Ericsson users, such as the bus timing widget which allows users to see all bus arrival timings at a selected bus stop at any given time. You can also find out the weather condition at any specific location, plus use a TimescapeTM plug-in that shows you nearby promotions.
- WhatsApp: WhatsApp Messenger uses 3G or WiFi connectivity when available to freely message family and friends, exchanging messages, pictures, audio notes and video messages.
- Foursquare: Foursquare is a location-based app that helps you find new ways to explore Singapore, see where your friends are, learn about these places they frequent and unlock rewards as you go along.
Sony Ericsson Xperia™ arc will be available in Singapore in Q1 in the colours Midnight Blue and Misty Silver. Pricing information will be available at launch.