SONY Ericsson XPERIA Neo
The Xperia™ neo, the newest addition to the new generation of Xperia™ smartphones. Closely following the launch of the Xperia™ arc smartphone earlier this year, this latest smartphone features cutting edge technology from Sony and an exceptional multimedia experience on the latest version of the Android™ platform – Gingerbread.
Peter Ang, General Manager & Head of Market Unit Hub, Singapore and Malaysia, Sony Ericsson, said, “We want to be a leader in Android and with Xperia™ neo, we are now offering an excellent, innovative Android choice for consumers. This latest device combines stunning design with state-of-the-art Sony technology, creating an entertaining smartphone experience.”
The best of Sony technology once again features in the Xperia™ neo. The Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine delivers exceptional visual brilliance and a crystal clear image which enhances the overall entertainment experience. Sony’s award-winning Exmor R™ for mobile sensor enables the capture of high quality, bright pictures and HD videos even in low light. All pictures and videos can be shared on an HD TV in your living room via the built in HDMI-connector.
Xperia™ neo builds on the stunning design language that Sony Ericsson has become known with a unique shape that not only looks good, but is ergonomically designed to fit perfectly in the user’s hand, especially when taking pictures.
The Xperia™ neo will launch on the latest version of the Android™ platform providing access to Google Mobile Services and the myriad of applications available via the Android market. Xperia™ smartphones add best in class entertainment on top of smartphone fundamentals such as apps, maps, email and fast uncompromised access to the Web with Adobe® Flash® Player to create the most entertaining smartphone experience.
Sony Ericsson Xperia™ neo – Key features
- Exmor R™. Great stills and videos even in low light
- Reality display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine
- Built-in HDMI. Your stills and videos on HD TV
- More than 100,000 apps on Android Market
- Google™ services. At your service
Preloaded applications include:
- TrackID™: Sony Ericsson’s proprietary music recognition system that records a small sample of a song playing in the background, and displays artist, song and album info in a matter of seconds.
- ShowNearby™ for Sony Ericsson: The leading location-based service application in Singapore allows users to conduct customised searches for places of interest near you, ranging from ATMs to movie theatres.
The app comes with additional exclusive features for Sony Ericsson users, such as the bus timing widget which allows users to see all bus arrival timings at a selected bus stop at any given time. You can also find out the weather condition at any specific location, plus use a TimescapeTM plug-in that shows you nearby promotions.
- WhatsApp: WhatsApp Messenger uses 3G or WiFi connectivity when available to freely message family and friends, exchanging messages, pictures, audio notes and video messages.
- Foursquare: Foursquare is a location-based app that helps you find new ways to explore Singapore, see where your friends are, learn about these places they frequent and unlock rewards as you go along.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia™ neo will be available in the following colours: Blue Gradient and Red.
Sony Ericsson Xperia™ neo will be available in Singapore in Q2 2011.