On January 31, 2013, the Windows Phone 7.8 software update for the HTC 7 Trophy began rolling out.
What’s included in the update?
- New Start Screen, themes and colours
- Enhanced multimedia features
- Bluetooth update
- Lock screen enhancements
- Windows Phone Marketplace enhancement
- Xbox Live market enhancement
- Improved language support
- Additional Windows Phone features
- Various bug fixes and enhancements
Things to do before you upgrade your software
- Install Zune software (Windows) or Windows Phone 7 Connector (Mac). You’ll need this to download the update. If you are unsure how to do this, please follow this guide
- In Settings, select Phone and ensure that Notify me when new updates are found is switched to ON
- Connect your phone to a power source as the update process can drain your battery
How do I install the update?
- The update is released in a staggered process, meaning not everybody can update at the same time
- When the update is available for your phone, you will receive a notification at the top of your screen. If you miss this notification, you’ll be reminded within 2 days
- Once you’ve been notified, plug your phone into your PC or Mac
- Open Zune software (Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac) and follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update
Roll-out detailsThe update will be released to devices randomly, according to the following schedule (from January 31, 2013):
- By the 4th: Available to 25% of phones
- By the 18th: Available to 50% of phones
- By the 19th: Available to 100% of phones
NOTE: The update is available free of charge, but you will need an internet connection to download it to your computer.
What are the technical details?
|Firmware Revision Number:||2250.21.51201.178|
|Hardware Revision Number:||0003|
|Radio Software Version:||5.69.09.05a_22.214.171.124U|
|Radio Hardware Version:||A.102.0.D4|
|Chip SOC Version:||126.96.36.199|