AMD Phenon II X6 6 core processor “Thuban” to launch on 26 Apr 2010 ?
We received some news that the upcoming 6 core processor from AMD will probably be showcased at CeBIT as it is almost ready to announce the product on the 26 Apr 2010.
Unconfirmed information also reveal that AMD intends to implement a dynamic performance boosting technology.
As software that takes advantage of multi-core seems to be developed way slower than hardware advancements, this boosting technology will dynamically boost the CPU CLK by disabling certain cores and overclock the rest.
Currently, only Intel has such technology available on its chip. It is known as Turbo Boost Technology.
As we have mentioned before the launch of AMD 890GX will support the Thuban Phenom II X6. Older boards featuring the AMD 785G and earlier 790FX, 790GX might also fit the bill with a BIOS upgrade.
Lets cross our fingers and wait for APR 2010.
- April 16, 2010 AMD Phenom II X4 960T hidden cores can be unlocked, turning it into a Phenom II X6
- May 5, 2010 Computex Taipei 2010 Intel to launch K series CPU Core i7 875K and Core i5 655K
- September 22, 2010 AMD has announced two new processors, the Phenom II X6 1075 and X2 560 Black Edition, for its desktop CPU lineup
- April 26, 2010 ASRock introduces ASRock 890FX Deluxe3 mainboard
- April 16, 2010 Exclusive – ASRock 890GX Extreme3 Motherboard is first board to unlock Phenom II X4 and turn it into a X6
- July 27, 2011 AMD hints at September 19 release date for FX-Series CPUs
- October 7, 2011 AMD BullDozer processors to launch on OCT 12 2011
- September 27, 2012 AMD latest A series quad core desktop can overclock to 6.5GHz on LN2
- March 25, 2010 Pictures of the ASRock 890GX Extreme3 mainboard
- January 27, 2010 AMD Thuban hex core processor to be released by May 2010 ?