Sapphire AMD FirePro R5000 Remote Graphics Card- The Ideal Solution for IT Managers Operating in Data Center Environments
<TAIPEI— FEB 27, 2012> Sapphire PGS today released the new remote graphics — AMD FirePro™ R5000 card, a flexible, manageable solution designed and engineered to power remote 3D-graphics workflows and full computing experiences over IP networks. The energy-space and cost-efficient AMD FirePro R5000 is the ideal solution for IT managers operating in data center environments where limited space, power budgets and cooling costs pose a constant challenge.
The AMD FirePro R5000 combines AMD’s Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture with Teradici’s PCoIP® technology, and delivers a 3D experience with low latency transmission – ideal for mid-range multimonitor endpoints such as those used by CAD, medical imaging and financial services professionals. The AMD FirePro R5000 also complements IT security protocols by safeguarding corporate IP, since critical information never leaves the data center.
“IT professionals are looking for a secure and straight forward cloud-based graphics solution that delivers core functionality capable of adapting to meet each employee’s unique graphics needs,” said David Cummings, senior director and general manager of AMD Professional Graphics. “The AMD FirePro R5000 meets these needs, delivering the flexibility, functionality, security and industry-leading graphics capabilities companies look for when deciding on a remote graphics solution.”
AMD FirePro R5000 Remote Graphics Features and Benefits
- Low Power Solution: Maximum power consumption of 150W helps to minimize power costs and enables the use of small footprint low power client devices that are capable of supporting up to four displays remotely;
- Effective Cooling: Minimizes system heat and fan noise in employee work areas, helps to reduce cooling costs and create cooler, quieter workspaces while a variable speed fan adjusts to accelerate the exchange of air heated by server components for cooler ambient air;
- Scale and Simplicity: Centrally located in the data center, IT can accommodate flexible seating arrangements or provide employees with zero clients, ultimately helping IT get employees up and running more quickly;
- Flexibility of Deployment: Delivers the deployment flexibility IT needs, including the option to deploy in desktop workstations, rack and blade servers, and PCIe® expansion chassis;
- Power Management: AMD PowerTune and AMD ZeroCore Power intelligent power management and monitoring tools enable IT managers to effectively track and contain power usage;
- High Performance Remote Protocol: The next generation Teradici TERA2240 host processor is able to transmit up to 300 megapixels per second and drive up to four displays per end user, with refresh rates up to 60 frames per second giving what Teradici describes as “the best remote user experience possible.”
“With the introduction of the AMD FirePro R5000 with Teradici PCoIP processor, IT departments now have powerful centralized computing solutions that are easy to manage, and deliver the graphics performance required to handle high resolution images, video and 3D models with ease,” said Trent Punnett, vice president of Product Management, System Engineering and Corporate Development at Teradici. “In addition, the AMD FirePro R5000 can be brokered and managed by VMware View giving a common broker and management window across both workstation and VDI desktops, and works with PCoIP zero clients that are offered by an ecosystem of over 30 OEMs.”
The AMD FirePro R5000 is rigorously tested by AMD to ensure readiness for demanding professional use. It is a durable remote graphics solution intended to increase asset utilization density, meet real-world workloads and ultimately help IT minimize operating costs and time spent on servicing individual systems.
The Comparison of the two generation of AMD FirePro Remote Graphics specifications
|FirePro RG220/RG220A||FirePro R5000|
|GPU||RV711 40nm||28nm GCN Architecture|
|Memory Size||512MB GDDR3||2GB GDDR5|
|On-board display output||DMS-59Dual DVI-I||Dual Mini DisplayPort (1.2)|
Multiple screen output Resolution
|Dual 1920*1200||Host Side: Dual 2560*1600
Client/Remote side: Quad 1920*1200
|PCoIP||Teradici Tera1202||Teradici Tera2240|
|API||OpenGL 3.3/DX10.1||OpenGL 4.2/ DX11.1|
AMD ZeroCore / PowerTune Technology Support