This release contains a few changes you should find useful in your work:
– AVX instruction set (Sandy Bridge): extensive support in all benchmarks: Multi-Media (integer & float), Memory Bandwidth (integer & float, buffered and unbuffered/streaming), Cache & Memory (non-streaming).
– Support for up to 256 threads on Windows 7/Server 2008 R2! We’ve only tested up to 80-threads, but if you have more we’d love to hear from you! It also supports systems with holes in CPU list (e.g. CPU numbers not sequential) though it’s best not to have holes wherever possible.
– Blu-Ray: we are launching Blu-Ray test disks in addition to the DVD and CD-ROM test disks!
– OpenCL: upports nVidia 3.1 and ATI/AMD 2.2 SDK versions.
– Ranking Engine: is now on-line and localised in all the languages Sandra supports:
the new version automatically downloads aggregated results from the ranker if the feature is enabled.