ASmedia readies USB 3.5 specification delivering speed of up to 10Gbps
Perhaps there weren’t much adopters for Thunderbolt 10Gbps, a new USB 3.0 specification is being formed by Intel and USB-IF. The new standard USB 3.5 will increase transfer rate to 10Gbps, on par with Thunderbolt. ASMedia of Taiwan is first to join the group. They plan to launch the USB 3.5 IC by early half of 2014. According to ASmedia GM Lin Zhewei, the setup is all ready and whether it will be accepted will be dependent on the PC sales recovery next year.
- March 3, 2011 Mainboard manufacturers not interested in Thunderbolt just as yet
- May 18, 2012 Intel releases DZ77RE-75K Intel Z77 board with Thunderbolt on board
- May 16, 2013 ASUS Presents New Gold Color Theme for Upcoming Z87 Motherboards
- January 14, 2014 Unboxing the AMD A10 7850 Kaveri processor
- July 1, 2012 Intel Z77 USB 3.0 isn’t performing on par with ASmedia
- February 23, 2013 Google Chromebook pixel goes on sale for USD 1299 onward, will you buy one?
- August 1, 2012 Thunderbolt vs USB 3 performance tested on Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH
- December 20, 2010 Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 (DTU30) 64 GB USB 3.0 stick Review
- June 5, 2012 Computex Taipei 2012 Jargy USB 3.0 cable extender
- September 11, 2012 Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt Z77 motherboard review