Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 with A10-5800K Overclock on Air to 4.5GHz
The new FM2 boards have started to surface together with processors in retail stores. We managed to get hold of a the processor A10-5800K and paired it up with the Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 to do a quick overclocking test.
The processor is rated 3.8GHz turbo at 4.2GHz. As the multiplier is unlocked, we push it up to 44x. CPU CLK is marginally increased to 103MHz. The internal Radeon 6770D GPU Clk is also increased from 800MHz to 1000MHz. Memory is set to used XMP Profile #2 which later is somewhat lowered to CAS 12-13-12-31.
The system seems to have max. out at 4.5GHz with air cooling. It might be able to go higher if water cooling is used.
Vcore is set to 1.5v and VDimm at 1.65v. The rest of the voltages can be seen on the screen shot below :
- September 27, 2012 Virtu MVP on AMD A10-5800K FM2 processor boosts 3DMark11 performance by up to 35%
- September 19, 2012 BIOSTAR Officially Launches Latest AMD “Trinity” Based Hi-Fi Motherboard with Exclusive Integrated BIOSTAR Hi-Fi Technology
- September 19, 2012 AMD set to announce new Trinity APU and Socket FM2 boards on Oct 1 2012
- September 28, 2012 Review of Biostar Hi-Fi A85X Socket FM2 Trinity motherboard with A10-5800K processor
- October 11, 2012 MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 OC Genie 2 Auto Overclocks AMD A10-5800k to 4GHz at 105×39
- September 27, 2012 AMD latest A series quad core desktop can overclock to 6.5GHz on LN2
- May 1, 2012 AMD “Trinity” AMD Fusion APU to replace aging “LIano” APU of yesteryear
- September 29, 2012 Unboxing the BIOSTAR HiFi A85X Socket FM2 Trinity motherboard [Exclusive]
- June 2, 2011 Computex Taipei 2011 News Coverage AMD Client Platform Roadmap
- September 29, 2012 Taiwanese manufacturers hope AMD Trinity will add pressure to Intel to lower prices