Preview of Biostar HiFi Z87X 3D Intel Z87 Haswell motherboard
BIOSTAR Hi-Fi Z87X 3D
The new Biostar HiFi Z87X 3D extends the Puro HiFi audio to the Z87 series of motherboards. As you are probably aware, Biostar is the first manufacturer to incorporate high quality audio components on board using a seperate circuitry, generating clear audio with lesser noise compared to older technologies. The board supports Sound Blaster Cinema.
The Z87 chipset which supports the Intel Haswell processor uses a Socket LGA1150 design and it incompatible to existing 1155 processors.
This motherboard comes with 3 full length PCIe 3.0 slots and supports the Ati CrossFire and SLI. There is GbE LAN, native USB 3.0 and HDMI 4K support. The backplane comes with 2 USB 3.0, 4 USB 2.0 D-SUB, DVI-D PS/2 keyboard, GbE and audio ports.
On board you can also find the SATA 6Gbps ports, 4 DIMM slots supporting up to DDR3-2800+ (OC).
The board should go on sale in early June to coincide with Intel’s launch at Computex Taipei 2013.
- May 31, 2011 Computex Taipei 2011 Coverage Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD integrates mSATA for speed enhancement using ISRT
- May 30, 2011 Computex Taipei 2011 Coverage Exclusive Performance preview of AMD LIano vs Intel Sandy Bridge
- July 11, 2012 ASMedia USB 3.0 vs Intel Z77 USB 3.0 performance on ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional-M
- May 30, 2011 Computex Taipei 2011 INTEL Shows X79 mainboards ASUS CIX79 Deluxe, ASROCK X79 Extreme4, Gigabyte GD X79A-UD3 and the MSI X79A-GD65
- November 22, 2011 Review of Gigabyte X79-UD7 Intel X79 Express chipset Sandy Bridge-E mainboard
- November 28, 2012 Intel Broadwell does not come in LGA packaging but soldered on board.
- May 18, 2012 Intel releases DZ77RE-75K Intel Z77 board with Thunderbolt on board
- June 2, 2011 Computex Taipei 2011 News Coverage AMD announces Trinity, talks Llano, launches Z series at Computex
- September 6, 2010 Intel will launch new series of P67 and H67 chipsets in Jan 2011 with 25% graphics improvement
- April 10, 2010 Intel is preparing its 6-series desktop chipsets including Q67, Q65, B65, H67 and P67 for a first-quarter 2011 launch